Friday 22 January 2010

Just for You


It's Friday night, we've just had a delicious Chinese takeaway and all is well in the buttons household. The other day I mentioned that I was going to try stitching on my cards. Well, here it is. Now, be gentle, it's my first attempt and I know there is a loose thread and, yes, I can see the wonky bit but I have to say I am fairly pleased with the end result.

And, by a strange coincidence, the challenge on this weeks Truly Scrumptious is a brilliant sketch with the optional extra challenge of 'stitching'.

I have used 'Bunch of Flowers' from the DigiStamp Boutique as my main image. The boutique has a whole new range of trendy floral images, go check them out here.

The papers are from a Forever Friends pad ' Pink Parfait' and I used Copics to colour.


Enjoy your weekends.

10 comments:

pinky said...

This is gorgeous Liz, I used the same sketch and mine is nothing like this lol. Haven't even room to put the flowers on!
Pinky

Always with a Sentiment said...

WOW Liz, that is so beautiful. I love the colours you have used and those fantastic cute flowers are just divine.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

hello gorgeous said...

oh liz! this is a very pretty, feminine card, I LOVE it! ;o)

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

Lisa Jane said...

what a delicate card, so pretty.

Lisa ;)

Georgia said...

This is so, so pretty Liz!! This colour combo is one of my favourites and I love the floral design! The embossing look stunning and the stitching is a lovely touch! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Juls said...

how beautiful! Love the soft colouring! the colours are beautiful, and I love the embossed detail! Hugs Juls

Glittertastic said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colours you have used and the stitching really adds to the overall effect.

Unknown said...

I love this card! Great papers and colours!

Heather said...

A beautiful card Liz, what a wonderful colour combination and beautiful papers. Love the gorgeous imaage and cute details.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at TS.
hugs Heather xx

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Liz. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x