Sunday 12 December 2010

Love at Christmas


I had a lovely day yesterday, thanks to everyone for my birthday wishes. As you might expect there were quite a few crafty bits amongst my pressies. A couple of new Penny Blacks, some Tim Holtz stuff and this brilliant little stamp set from Banana Frog. How clever is my hubby? I mentioned this company a while back and he made an order to be delivered to my sister-in-laws house so that it would be a surprise. Bless.

So this is my card to hubby using the new set. I used two of the petal stamps to make a heart shape. I stamped with black ink on to basic grey paper and heat embossed. I doodled three bits of holly and cut out. I also doodled the black border and like that it wobbles a bit!

You can't quite see in the pic' but I also embossed two lines near the bottom and finished off with 3 heart shaped gems.

When he opened it his words were 'how many challenges have I been entered into?' They know us so well!

It fits 3 challenges....

Allsorts....last minute Christmas

Delightful....embossing

A Spoon Full of Sugar....Christmas card

16 comments:

Jane said...

Oooo this is lovely Liz!
Belated birthday wishes too!!
x

Claire said...

Hope you had a fab birthday Liz - sounds like you had some lovely gifts and this is a great card. Hugs, Claire x

Wishcraft said...

Fabulous card Liz - such a simple design and it works so well :o) Glad you had a lovely time on your birthday! Lisa x

Tasha said...

Wow completely elgant and sophisticated, stunning
love tasha xx

Debs said...

This is fab Liz - I love it!
Beltaed birthday wishes - hope you had a great day.
Thanks for playing along with my Last Minute Christmas challenge at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Very clever card. And may I say what a sweet husband you have.

Georgia said...

Stunning Christmas card Liz, the simple design is gorgeous and I love the heart! Glad you had a great birthday! :) Love, Georgia xx

Anonymous said...

I agree, a VERY clever and stunning card! I am even more impressed by how well you have trained your husband - did it take long, lol!! xxx

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Liz, lovely, elegant card, sounds like you had a lovely birthday.

Donna x

scotspanda said...

oh wow this is stunning, so unusual, great idea to make a heart with the petals!!

thanks for joining in with the fun at Allsorts this week

Hugs

Amanda xx

Steph said...

Gorgeous new stamp! really love it!! Glad you had a lovely birthday! x

ForgedinPaper said...

What a sneaky hubby but well worth it for the goodies you got. Belated Happy Birthday. I'm having a Christmas panic at the moment.

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Really love this Liz - just my thing...

Very belated birthday wishes too...xx

Jenny said...

Just stunning!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is lovely. S x

bumblealsie said...

crap i missed your bd.