Sunday 4 March 2012

May all your dreams come true

I'm so chuffed! I discovered that if I change my settings on my printer to draft or fast mode it will print digi images in a way that I can watercolour (in previous efforts with digi's the ink ran) . So here is my first watercolour of Bo. I used TeddyBo 051 which you can find here and coloured with Inktense watercolour pencils. The sentiment and hearts are from a Marion Emberson stamp set.

I have kept it clean and simple as I am entering the Less is More Challenge - neutrals.
Edited to add - It looks like Bo's sweater is yellow. I can assure everyone that I only used shades of brown watercolours. I did 'brighten' my photograph using Picasa and perhaps that's why it looks yellow - it looks pale brown irl!

Here are some sneaky peeks of the bears that are due to be released on Tuesday 6th March and as Rolf would say - can you guess what it is yet? And, new stock is arriving every day and as I wouldn't want you to miss out on anything why not take two ticks to sign up for the newsletter. Be the first to find out what's new in. All the details are here.


20 comments:

Catherine said...

Looks gorgeous watercoloured...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Elizabeth...always a treat to catch up..have a lovely week:) x

Unknown said...

Aww how cute and sweet .. I love your colouring and gorgeous clean style of your card.. thank you also for sharing your tip .. I'll be trying that for sure :D xx

Chrissie said...

Teddy's sweater looks very yellow on my monitor... is it really one of our neutral colours?
He looks cute all the same.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Claire said...

Aww this is really sweet. Hugs, Claire x

Vicky said...

Fabulous creation sweetie...and have a lovely evening too..

big hugs Vicky xx

Mandi said...

Bo-tiful card Liz, bolder than our neutrals but FAB nevertheless

Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is more"

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous Liz love the border of hearts!
Helen x

Debbie said...

Love this card and your water colouring looks wonderful.
Debbie x

mixamatoasties said...

Fabby card!

Susan xx

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Liz - love the image and the CAS design.
Have a wonderful day.
Debs xx

Emma Williams said...

I know what you mean about taking photos of cards ~ I spent ages at the weekend taking loads of photos that looked ok on the camera screen, only to upload them and find that the colour was nothing like the actual card irl!! But saying that your card looks gorgeous...really, really lovely!!
Love Emma xxx

Gemma said...

Wow stunning this water colours, great card! Hugs Gemma

fatmonica said...

It's gorgeous-what a fabulous image!

Jenny said...

Hi Liz
Thank you for your lovely comment over on my blog.
I love finding/meeting/stalking new people and I am so glad that we found each other cause I love your style. You will definitely be seeing more of me right here, in a non stalking kind of way;)
hugs jenny x

Wishcraft said...

Aww he looks lovely water coloured - something I can't do AT ALL lol! Love the heart stamps too, they're fab :o) Lisa x

Jules said...

Hi Liz

Good news on the printer front then!!!

Loving the watercolour look (and all of those gorgeous hearts of course)!!

The perfect sentiment for the image that's for sure.

Love Jules xx

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous Liz! I'll have to try that with my printer.
xx

Aileen said...

So cute. love the bear image and your watercolouring is wonderful. x

Sarn said...

GORGEOUS xx