Sunday 12 March 2017

bee happy - coffee (or in my case tea) and cards with Deb and Celeste


Hello. I'm so excited about my blog post today. Let me explain! 
A while back I met a lovely lady called Debra through a snail mail facebook group called Love Notes (folks swap postcards - but that's a whole other story). 
Debs and I started to exchange happy mail every few months and have become firm online friends. Debs and her friend Celeste do a monthly blog collaboration called Coffee and Cards and I'm thrilled to be joining them this month. 

We used this mood board as inspiration for our cards - 


For my card I stamped, coloured and fussy cut my 'bee costume' Penny Black stamp. I used ZIG real brush pens to colour. I die cut the daisies, sun and clouds. The sentiment is stamped and then cut unevenly ( I used to do that a lot with sentiments so it's a bit of a blast from the past).


Now, as part of the blog post,  Debs and Celeste always share which fancy coffee they are drinking. I do like coffee but I'm really just a plain latte girl! I thought that might be a little bit boring so I'm having a 'Mojitea' in my favourite 'button' mug. It says it's a refreshing blend of green tea, peppermint and lime. To be honest the jury is still out - where's my Scottish Blend?


I'd love it if you popped on over and said hi to Debs and Celeste
They will have gorgeous cards to share and, I'm sure, some yummy sounding coffee!


11 comments:

Babs said...

I just love this bright and beautiful card with its array of sunshine adorable little character and such pretty flowers , I absolutely love it..

Hugs Babs x

Sue Nicholson said...

Congrats and so sweet beautiful card. Have a fab week ahead cheers Sue N x

Craftychris said...

I adore this bright and happy card! Gorgeous image and I love the flowers. Brilliant colouring too. Fab button mug and your tea sounds interesting! xxx

Celeste Goff said...

Oh my gosh Liz...this card is simply amazing! I love all of the gorgeous details you added and your coloring is wonderful! Thank you so much for joining Deb and I this month in our coffee and cards installment!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

fab fab fab , put this on my pinterest board . jane x

Wendy said...

Adorable and so gorgeous Liz, love it!
Wendy xx

~amy~ said...

What a wonderful card, love all the details.

Mojitea, I haven't heard of that before but it sounds delish to me!

Debra Davison said...

This card absolutely does make me feel HAPPY !! I'm so glad you joined us this month and chose such a great Inspiration Board for us to use..

Donna Mosley said...

This is just so cute Liz, love it! x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Oh this is so cute, love the sunshine yellow, a gorgeous card

Ruth said...

I love this - it's so bright and cheerful and the little bee image is perfect. Feel like Spring already! I also LOVE that yo share what you are drinking! I remember Scottish Blend fondly, although now we've moved to Yorkshire, we obviously have to have Yorkshire tea ;) xx